Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The beginning, the dawn of a new age, the revelation and realization that with the sunrise rose a new-found hope that this land we call “America” may one day be free from the chains of Tyranny. The constitution has taken a backseat to convenience and political ransacking. The founding fathers are turning in their graves over the sheer disregard for the ideals that make this country great. One man is on a mission to bring America back to the basics of Democracy. That man’s name is Ron Paul.

The Ron Paul revolution is beginning to take stance as the esteemed congressman from Texas wages war against the corporate lap-dogs that seek to make the White House their new power tool. Dr. Paul has been creating waves that may be the cause of those flattering wrinkles making their political debut on Senator Clinton’s forehead. As Obama basks in his new endorsement by the one and only Oprah, it has forced other candidates to pull out all stops to keep up in the race. Clinton responded by sending Billy out on the trail to speak of his undying love for his wife (and husky Jewish secretaries).

The alienation of Dr. Paul from the Iowa Tax debate also did more good than damage to the Congressman. Dr. Paul is making a hellacious attempt at a potential under-dog candidacy.

The American people may have a voice to represent them after all. Dr. Paul will most likely have my vote for his willingness to stand up for the little people in a big corporate world. I am a server on the side, as I am still in college, it helps me pay some bills and live just a little better. One thing that really bakes my cookies, is when money that I work hard to earn; my tips (la propina para mi amigos) are taxed by the federal government. They already tax the measly $3.25 an hour I make, but that’s not enough.

“It is an outrage that waiters, waitresses, and other service-sector employees have to pay taxes on the tips they earn. The IRS makes an estimate of how much service-sector workers will make in tips, and taxes them on it even if the taxpayer did not actually earn as much as the IRS' estimate!” said Dr. Ron Paul. He continued…

“When you give someone a tip, you should not have to simultaneously tip the federal government.”

I heard those words and it gave me a reason to keep fighting. Give me liberty, or give me death (and then tax my family for it, thanks)!

No comments: